PDA

View Full Version : looking for some forum help/advice

Alvis
08-26-2010, 05:10 PM
I've already forgotten who did all the forum work here, but I like it. I'm looking to put some forums together for my new business venture (CBVC (www.chicagobvc.com)) and our site developer is asking too much, in my opinion. If anyone can advise or assist me in picking the right product, making it fit with the site theme and helping me get everything going, I would be happy to pay them for their time. Please contact me via PM here if you are interested in helping.

-Alvis

Deuce
08-26-2010, 11:21 PM
Axen did the majority, all of?, the work on the forums.

Perls
08-27-2010, 09:12 AM
Are you sure you need forums for a website like that?

Mistax
08-27-2010, 11:03 AM
i see penguins +1

Alvis
08-27-2010, 12:52 PM
pure, fair question. That is only the site until we can get the facility running (should be open early spring 2011). The new site will be much more functional and informative.
We've done a significant amount of work building a Php scheduler for the courts/bar/gym (including iPhone/bb/android apps). The scheduler requires that people have a profile and can network so they can be tied to their teams, etc. We figured that forums we the clear next step and could be done cheaply by leveraging the existing scheduler registration. More succinctly: Needed, no. useful, yes.