PDA

View Full Version : Are you going to sue me?

Rogerz
12-18-2010, 01:39 PM
I'm starting a guild with a few jackasses and I've been in charge of constructing the website. I'm just going to rip the source code of your main page and whore it as my own.

Then I noticed 'Copyright Vigil' and I thought, oh shit? can I really do this? So I'm asking, if I jack your entire site and pass it off as my own, are you going to sue me?

BTW I'm ripping your application questions and guild charter.

gonna sue me?

Chris
12-18-2010, 02:01 PM
Not really sure what you are trying to accomplish. If you are looking for a "yes we'll sue" there it is. If you want a "go ahead and do it, we really don't care" you can have one of those too.

Rogerz
12-18-2010, 02:07 PM
"go ahead and do it, we really don't care"

I'll go with that, thanks.

Perls
12-18-2010, 02:58 PM
First of all, it's not a matter of "suing" you. We obviously don't have the resources to pursue a legal case against anyone. Hell, we can barely afford to maintain our annual VBulletin license fees. What we could do, however, is pass a letter to your web host, or ISP explaining the situation. And in my experience, that's usually enough.

Secondly, I can't imagine why anyone would want to plagiarize this website. Of all the amazing guild sites out there, why choose this one? I mean, not only is out-of-date, but even when the frostwyrm was relevant it still wasn't aesthetically pleasing by any means.

Finally, you wouldn't even be able to just copy the source code of this website and "whore" it as your own. At most you could take a few bits and pieces. Which makes the two former points rather irrelevant. Oh well.

GL with your guild, Rogerz.

Rogerz
12-18-2010, 04:05 PM
First of all, it's not a matter of "suing" you. We obviously don't have the resources to pursue a legal case against anyone. Hell, we can barely afford to maintain our annual VBulletin license fees. What we could do, however, is pass a letter to your web host, or ISP explaining the situation. And in my experience, that's usually enough.

Secondly, I can't imagine why anyone would want to plagiarize this website. Of all the amazing guild sites out there, why choose this one? I mean, not only is out-of-date, but even when the frostwyrm was relevant it still wasn't aesthetically pleasing by any means.

Finally, you wouldn't even be able to just copy the source code of this website and "whore" it as your own. At most you could take a few bits and pieces. Which makes the two former points rather irrelevant. Oh well.

GL with your guild, Rogerz.
Is that you in your avatar? damn you're hot!

Perls
12-18-2010, 04:28 PM
thanks<3

Rogerz
06-10-2015, 11:35 PM
what happened to this site it looks like shit now, I came here to rip the old code again but it looks like fucking balls c'mon... this use to be the most beautiful website on the web

Shaft
06-11-2015, 01:38 AM
I don't think this site has changed at all since it was made

bonermobile
06-11-2015, 03:12 AM
cmon shaft don't you remember the sindragosa